The agency's mandates and functions
MANDATES AND FUNCTIONS
The Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) is a comprehensive institution of higher learning in the Ilocosregion, which was establish in 06 January 1978 by Presidential Decree (PD) 1279. The University shall provide advance instruction in the arts, agricultural and natural sciences as well as in technological and professionals fields.
University specially aims to:
- Offer a wide range of academic programs at the certificate, associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral levels;
- Maintain a broad range of research programs both in the basic and applied sciences, especially in the arts, agriculture, agribusiness, agroforestry, fisheries, teacher education, rural sociology, management, and technology which will generate knowledge and provide a basis for solutions to the development needs of the province and region;
- Provide off-campus instructional continuing education and extension services to meet the needs of residents of the province and the region within the context of the regional and national non-formal education; and
- Serve as the locus for the regional cooperative and development centre for public and private colleges and universities in the region.
A premier Philippine university by 2028
To develop virtuous human capital and sustainable innovations in a knowledge-driven global economy
- Knowledge. Upholding knowledge as empowerment, we aim to develop intelligent individuals who can make informed decisions.
- Inclusiveness. We support and encourage diversity and collaboration, engaging in programs that promote growth and development for all sectors of society.
- Professionalism. Reared in a merit-based environment, we commit ourselves to the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
- Spirituality and Social Responsibility. We are committed to providing holistic development that inculcates love and service to God, humanity, and the environment.