About the LES-LHS Batac City

About the School

Brief History of the University High School – Batac

The University High School – Batac was formerly the Batac Rural High School which grew into the Ilocos Norte Institute of Technology then became the MMMCST and later merged with the Northern Luzon College to establish the Mariano Marcos State University by virtue of P. D. 1279.

In 1975, in addition to the existing Laboratory High School, an Agricultural Science High School, was established by virtue of the Resolution No. 23, S. 1975 of the Board of Trustees of the then Mariano Marcos College of Science and Technology primarily to provide the best education in the sciences and to produce highly scientific and technological students as feeders to the college science oriented programs. Due to financial constraints, however, this Science High School was closed in 1982.

Three years thereafter, the MMSU, under President Santiago R. Obien and the then PSHS Director, Dr. Cleofe M. Bacungan, realizing the significance of a Science Class in the MMSU University High School, joined hands in re – opening the Science High School in School Year 1985 – 1986.

A Memorandum of Agreement was drawn and was duly signed on August 2, 1986. This Science Class is still existing up to the present.


 

TOP